9.20.2017

Hi.

hi.
my name is Emily.
and I'm a perfectionist.




and when I say perfectionist, I don't mean someone who just wants to be perfect at everything.....i emotionally NEED to be perfect in order to feel as though I'm worthy and accepted.

it's quite exhausting-emotionally and physically.

not to bore you with my trials and struggles, but I came across a quote that took exactly how I was feeling and put it in words.


"Heavenly Father's plan of happiness invites us to be humbly at peace on our life's journey to someday become perfected in Christ, not constantly worried, frustrated, or unhappy in our imperfections today... To be worthy does not mean to be perfect."
-gerrit w. gong


I shouldn't feel as though I am unworthy in the eyes of my God or even in my own eyes just because I am imperfect. His grace is far reaching and I will never stray too far from the light of the Savior and his loving arms.

I'm learning more and more each day how much He loves me. And although there are definite days that I feel like I don't deserve His love, He still gives it.

That's all that I feel like really talking about in regards to this topic. I know He is real. I know He is there to save and lift. I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment