9.05.2017

A really great weekend

A couple months ago, I decided that I was going to go to Banff National Park with some random people in my stake for Labor Day weekend with my friend Georgi.

We saved money and got work off and did all the things to prep for the weekend. The week before Labor Day, we went to a meeting for the trip and got a really bad feeling about the trip. Neither of us felt comfortable with going with these strangers and to be frank, I was MAD that I was getting a bad feeling about it. I have never been out of the country and wanted to go see all of these gorgeous places. I was devastated that I knew I shouldn't go.

I had my dad give me a blessing to help me feel confident in my decision and give me peace that it was the right choice. The blessing was more than what I could ask for. I received answers and inspiration for other things going on in my life. I stood up and gave my dad a hug and knew with a surety that I wasn't supposed to go to Canada.

But I was still very sad.

Because life always works out and I have been blessed with amazing friends, I was still able to have a BOMB weekend.

I went with my friend and his sister and her friend to Paris, Idaho where we help paint this lady's house and clean out her basement. Then we went hiking to Bloomington Lake. Then laid out at Bear Lake and just had the best time doing nothing. I loved that my weekend consisted of service and play. Being able to help people made my experience more enjoyable. And I absolutely love my friends.

Pics or it didn't happen, amiright?!




Now back to the work grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment