8.23.2017

Sit Still, Look Pretty

So I assume it's no surprise to anyone when I say that I struggle with self confidence.
Why?
Because literally EVERYONE does.

My friend Georgi takes pictures and she is really good.
So I think to myself, if Georgi takes pictures of me, then I will see myself as pretty and not struggle with self confidence.
Right?
Wrong.



 Here is a pic she took of me. I like the way I look and I think I look pretty cute.
So, why is it that I feel like chunks of leftover chicken casserole in the garbage can?



Ok Emily, is this another blog post about it's important to look beyond the physical and see your worth from within, just like you have been taught since you were a little girl in Young Women's?

Yes.

Yes it is.

This will ALWAYS be an issue. This will ALWAYS be something that I fight everyday to overcome.

So yes, I need these repetitive posts to help me see that I, Emily Jex, have more to contribute to this world besides a picture that captures a millisecond of my outward beauty. 

I will read those constant posts from the Mormon Channel and LDS.org, quoting prophets and leaders who say that the Lord looks on the heart of an individual and that He loves everyone.

I need that. I need to be told often that the Lord loves me. I am weak and dependent and I need the saving power that I can get from the One that knows me best.

He took upon Himself every bad part of me.
Willingly.
Meekly.
Lovingly.
And He has asked that in return, I remember Him and serve Him and love Him.

That is what I have covenanted to do. And I know that I won't be perfect at it. I know that there will be several occasions where I won't do my part. But He will still love me and strengthen me and lift me up to try again.

This won't be the last time I post about something like this and I am fully accepting of that fact. But I am also accepting of the fact that I'll be able to get through it because I have the greatest advocate on my side who loves me more than I can comprehend.
And that is worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment