7.14.2017

Fries before Guys

Did you know that July 13th is National French Fry Day?
Well, now you do. 
And if you didn't get fries yesterday, SHAME ON YOU. 
jokes.



Well, the fries were literally the best thing about this week. 
It's been a HARD one.
I injured my knee wakeboarding, got sick, tried flirting with several different guys and FAILED monumentally, was completely ignored by my friends at institute, emotional breakdowns, lack of sleep, and honestly so much more. 
It's so easy for me to focus on all of these HARD things. Pessimism comes easy to me, but that isn't how I want to live my life so I try to do better. 

I can criticize the people around me and make notes of how they do not behave the way I think that they should, but I am not in charge of their actions and I can't control how they choose to live their lives. 
 
Elder George Albert Smith said this about criticism: “Aren’t we rather prone to see the limitations and the weaknesses of our neighbors? Yet that is contrary to the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a class of people who find fault and criticize always in a destructive way. There is a difference in criticism. If we can criticize constructively under the influence of the Spirit of the Lord, we may change beneficially and properly some of the things that are being done. But if we have the spirit of faultfinding, of pointing out the weaknesses and failings of others in a destructive manner, that never comes as the result of the companionship of the Spirit of our Heavenly Father and is always harmful.”  

I know that the Savior sees me for what I can become. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can be lifted from my fallen and weak state to be made more holy and worthy of the spirit. 

I want to be able to love and treat others the way they deserve no matter the choices they make. The limitations and weaknesses should only motivate me to lift and love because I know that I have my own limitations and weaknesses too. 

So yeah, this week sucked. But I've been reminded of a powerful lesson of love, humility, and how to pattern my life after the Savior's.
 
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you.”- Ephesians 4:31



No comments:

Post a Comment